This is a fabulous site for putting together a sort of virtual mood board, or inspiration board or whatever you want to call it. I’m using it to post things that inspire me, things that I find beautiful etc. I’m hoping that at some point I’ll be able to see a pattern and it may help me to decorate my house. You know, whichever house we end up in.
My brain is so full I just haven’t known where to start. So I will just start…
- My kids got into the honors classes they wanted. Tuesday was their first day. So far, so good. We will see. I will say they are happy about it. And, they both had homework to do last night. A first this year. And as you might assume, the homework was in their honors classes. So yes, they have more work but no, it doesn’t seem too difficult for them. I think I’m liking being THAT mom.
- I have officially started my holiday shopping. Hold me.
- Little snow flakes are showing up in my weather app on my Google homepage. Not for today but for Friday and Saturday. I have heard there was a sighting of flakes this morning. f.l.a.k.e.s. Not happy. Not ready. And yes, our heat is on already. I do not compete in your furnace wars you foolish ones. I like to be warm. In related news, the kids are still complaining it’s cold in the house.
- It seems the children and I are battling a cold. I’m not sure who is winning at this point.
- SQUEE! GLEE! is on tonight.
- I have now downloaded all 16 Glee songs that are available on Amazon. I may have a sickness. I will not tell you how many times I have listened to Gold Digger on my ipod. There is however a need to point out the absolute brilliance of Mercedes’ (Amber Riley’s) opening of that song. If you have not heard it? I would like to offer my condolences.
- The Halloween costumes have been procured. Only 2 of the children still want to dress up. The other two are wearing masks. At least, that is what they tell me when I say they can’t go beg for candy without some kind of costume. I have also bought extra masks. What are the two littles going to be? A repeat of Indiana Jones that necessitated a new whip and hat. (Old whip was broken and old hat is too small for his GIANT 11 year old noggin.) The littlest little is going to be Dr. Horrible. I predict no one here will know who he is. Except me and the boys. I am okay with this.
- The invites for our Halloween party have not been printed.
- The garage has not been cleaned.
- I predict it will not be warm like it was last year. I predict rain and cold and snow. Glad we had the roof replaced. Also, Jeff ripped out the ceiling and the beams are now exposed making the garage extra spooky. Also, the cobwebs add ambiance. Do not try to dissuade me of this fact.
- I got a call from one of the children telling me he had to stay after school for the next 3 days to make up something or other in band. BAND. Fine, whatever.
- I got another call two hours later telling me he was home and skipped out on his detention that “is not really a detention.” I do not even know what to do with this information.
- Anyone who knows any of my children can identify this particular child. I shall not name names here. Although he may have had a birthday recently.
- One of the children keeps crying. Over EVERYTHING. Surely not everything you say. Yes, EVERYTHING. It is making me weary. Also? I hate nine. Nine and boys do not go together well.
That is all. I have things to do and loins to gird. I’m not sure I want to go home tonight.