In a move of bored desperation I updated my blogroll. For real. It’s amazing how out of date it was. If you get bored, check it out!
In a classic blogger move I had a great post in my head that evaporated when confronted with the white page of doom. (Also known as a blank posting page.)
I keep getting up and trying to retrieve it. Work a bit and get it going again but alas it seems to have vanished.
In my typical fashion I shall bore you with a bit of stream of conscious and see what happens.
- Mother Nature is mocking me.Really. The ice has lasted THREE days so far on the trees. THREE DAYS. It never lasts that long. Especially while sunny. I’ve gone back to carrying my camera everywhere and yet, it’s sunny while driving and the second I pull the car over the clouds roll over the sun. I’m afraid to try to get the shots I want now and have decided I don’t deserve the new camera because if I did I would do something bold like skip work to photograph the amazing sights around me.Seriously, when the sun hits the trees just right it looks like they’re made of glass. An entire world of glass. If I saw it in a movie or a painting I would never believe it. Looks like Mother Nature has taken to the world of cgi. It may be one of the most beautiful things ever and yet when I try to capture it – I can’t.
- I need to update my blog template but just the time it took to fix my archives caused outrage in the MoMMY household. So, unless I plan on forgoing sleep for a few days, it’s not going to happen. And since we all know I’m not one to forgo sleep… well, not happening.
- I also need to decide what I’m doing about my photography “business”. I use business loosely. Very loosely. I’m thinking of shutting down the cafePress shop and even though I’ve talked about shutting down my website, I’m just not ready to do that yet. I’m not sure why, I guess because I hang on like a dog with a frickin‘ bone. Good lord, let it go already MoMMY.
- Speaking of letting go, still can’t quite let go of the whole writing thing. The stuff I was writing and submitting a while back is languishing in a file box and on my computer and I can’t seem to do anything with it. I’m obviously not a writer. I can’t even manage to write on my blog anymore and yet I can’t quite put that dream away. I will repeat, Good lord, let it go already MoMMY.
- Maybe this should be the year for letting go.
I fixed them. I rock!
(And I’m a total moron. But you know, fixed.)
I just realized my archives are gone. I have no idea how long this has been going on.
- I was on my way into work this morning and thinking about how I really wanted to get back to blogging. I decided I would do what I have done in the past and not allow myself to read any blogs before I wrote. That way, I would write because I really need to find out how you’re all doing. Then I started drowning in my own mucus and felt like I was lead and trying to keep my head above the water so I could breath. And then I died.
- Wait, no. I didn’t die. Yet. I did however abandoned my work and read all your blogs. I did not write one itsy, bitsy word.
- But here I am trying to make up for that. I’m sure you’re all so glad. Or not.
- Mucus be damned.
- I really need a nap.
- These are the worst bullet points ever.
- How does anyone watch 24 without a huge bottle of Tums?
- There is still discussion going on over a new camera. Amazingly enough: Husband – for camera, Me – against. Something is not right in the world.
- I really think I’m dying. Or getting a sinus infection.
- Why do I get sinus infections at least once a year? When I was a kid it was strep throat 2x’s a year. College it was bronchitis 1-2x’s a year. And now sinus infections. Why God? Why?
- Must remember B12 shot today.
- Why is it when you feel crappy everything you try to do breaks, doesn’t work or turns to absolute shit?
- I still have not found out why the doctor’s office called to remind me one of the kids had an appointment. I have no record of an appointment and no idea why he would have one.
- It is almost time to go home. Thank God. My jammies are calling. Do you think it is acceptable to pick up children from karate in your pj’s? And does it really matter what the other parents think when I feel like this?
- Almost forgot, I’ve been a big proponent of De-Lurking week in the past. And yes, I do think it’s a fun idea. I also love how people like Beth and Zoot are donating to charity for all of their comments. Grand idea. However, being in my current (dying) state, I will not be taking the time to say hello to everyone I read. People! I’m barely posting. And I read most of you through Google Reader (oh, how I love thee). If you see your name in the blogroll, then know I read you even if I never comment. And, if you want to de-lurk here? I’d love to hear from you. Otherwise? Don’t worry about it.
- Hello. Nice to meet you.